Thursday, June 21, 2007

Legal Contract

On June 21st, 2007, after work I was on a house-call to fix my friend's wireless network. Ann was going to have dinner with them that night as well. While I was there, Ann broke the stunning news to me. The contract that Christina didn't want to correct was in fact incorrect!

Here are some important dates:

May 13, 2007, Ann and her mom signed the first deal sheet.
May 16, 2007, Silver Altima was ordered. (according to Morrey)
May 18, 2007, Black Altima was ordered. (according to Morrey)
May 19, 2007, Ann and her mom signed the re-negotiated deal sheet.
June 9, 2007, Black Altima had arrived in dealership as promised.
June 10, 2007, Contract was signed and car picked up.

The car was in freight from the prairie regions from May 16th to June 9th.

Earlier today Ann received a statement from Nissan Canada to pay $500 dollars for the lease. The billing date as June 16th, 2007. She called Nissan to dispute that we had 1st month free according to our deal sheet the payment amount should've been the $45 processing fee only according to Christina. This was what Jarret Morrey agreed as well, despite the fact that Christina refused to change the contract.

Nissan Canada representative said that we did get 1st month free because the lease started on May 16th, 2007. On June 16th, 2007, we were already on the 2nd lease payment. On May 16th, the car started its journey from the prairie regions, it did not arrive at Morrey Nissan until 3 weeks later.

No wonder Christina was quick to grab that invoice from me, but her intentions may very well be explained by the current situation. I was furious beyond measure. How can you start charging someone on a lease when you don't even have the car in your possession?

This is completely unprofessional of Morrey Nissan of Burnaby. I tried to call Jarret Morrey directly but he was unavailable for assistance. The only thing in my mind now is to going to the media, but Jarret was a reason and polite gentleman for the brief minute we spoke. I thought I should give him a heads up.

Next to: 06/22/07---Final Ultimatum