Jarret Morrey was supposed to be back today according to the assistant. He promptly sent me an email an hour after he arrived at work:
Hello Kenneth,
I am back in the office as of an hour ago. I have reviewed you emails and would like to talk to you about this.
Please contact me at your convenience.
thank-you
Jarrett Morrey
*Dealership number goes here*
I was at work, so I could only call him during my breaks. During my afternoon break I was able to reach Jarret Morrey on phone.
Jarret was articulate, logical and polite. He was sympathetic and apologized to me many times for what had happened. He admitted that there was a problem with the contract. He believed it was definitely a clerical error, but he was still investigating how it lead to this. He also indicated that my letter did find its way to him and he had called a meeting to discuss this matter with all the staffs involved in the dealership. The staffs involved admitted no wrong and believed it was just our misconception that we felt mistreated. It was a rather pleasant conversation where he did most of the talking.
Jarret even offered to refund the $45 documentation processing fee to compensate for our frustration. I declined the offer and told him that I was not calling him to get more discounts. If that was indeed the standard processing fee across all Nissan dealers, it was only justified that we paid for it. All we wanted is to have the contract corrected according to the terms presented to us.
I think we're in a bit of a bind here. When the contract was signed, we become legally liable . Legally Morrey Nissan of Burnaby and Nissan Canada do not have to do anything for us. Though Jarret promised that he will dispute the contract with the Toronto headquarter, the outcome will be uncertain.
I am sure Morrey Nissan of Burnaby still has some good people. Charlie for one had been honest and offered great service to me and my friends. Jarrett was polite and wise as the owner. Sadly, the facts cannot be overlooked. My overall experience with Morrey Nissan of Burnaby has been extremely negative.
Continue to: 06/27/07---Mistake Corrected