Friday, May 18, 2007

Drama That is Carlos

In the morning of May 18th, 2007, Carlos pitched me the 50/50 deal. He wanted us to absorb the $300 and I simply rejected the offer. At this point I had thought that Ann was to lease a loaded Altima 3.5SE based on the price I obtained on Nissan.ca. Carlos called back offering me another deal; the way he put it was delicate: Morrey Nissan would pay for the freight $600, but deduct $300 dollars from the $1000 deposit. I was surprised he would try to manipulate numbers against us.

A quick called made to Richmond Nissan proved to be timely. Richmond Nissan quoted me $580/month lease on a fully loaded, top of the line 2007 Altimate 3.5SE within 10 minutes. I asked Carlos again to speak to his manager Ken and call me back when they were ready to pay for the $600 freight transport. 20 minutes later Carlos called back all smiles that he had finally convinced the management to absorb the $600 freight. He asked for future referrals since he was losing money on this deal. We gave the okay to order the black car.

Another co-worker reminded me to get everything down in writing, so I asked Carlos to fax me the deal sheet that contained all the new terms. At 1pm I had the fax in my hands. It was not a copy of the deal sheet. It was a print out from the internal Nissan inventory site. On the side of the print out, it stated "ALTIMA 2.5 S" I was in disbelief. I called Richmond Nissan gave him the specs from the printout word by word. After 5 minutes, he quoted me the price $562 after tax. Common sense would tell you that a quote over the phone is the worst deal you can possibly get on a car. Apparently this was not the case even for a returning customer. We were at $588/month with no freight.

I called the Carlos once again. I confronted him with the quote of $562. He was speechless for a good while. He asked for a moment while he spoke to his manager. During my afternoon break Carlos called me back. They had determined that the $588 was a typographical error by the accountant and they were willing to make it right and offer us $565/month with no transport fee and no first payment. I asked him how he wanted make up for offering us the ridiculous deal initially. Carlos said that he could no longer make any decisions at this point and I'd have to speak to the manager Ken directly. I gladly took his advice and intended to speak to and possibly meet with the manager, Ken, the next morning.

At this point, according to Carlos, they had already purchased a silver and a black Altima for us, costing them $700 dollars. We are sitting at $565 / month with first payment free over 48 months lease at 3.5%. This was exactly the manufacturer's suggested retail price, after the 3rd negotiation.

Next to: 05/19/07--- Kenneth V.S. Ken